- Cleaning and Care
Cleaning and Care
of your American-Made Hardwood Furniture
- Use mild soap and water; and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using cleaners or polishes with abrasives, wax, silicones or ammonia.
- Your catalyzed finish fully cures in 30 days. Avoid any action or the use of cleaning agents that would mar or damage your newly applied protective coating within this time frame.
- For best results, factory recommended cleaners that are normally available at leading furniture stores include Heirloom Essentials and Guardsman products.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
- Do not position furniture in close proximity to heating elements such as registers, baseboard or space heaters.
- Do not place unduly hot or cold cookware, appliances or utensils directly on your tabletop unless properly protected. Do not use vinyl/plastic tablecloths or placemats. The chemicals used to keep vinyl/plastic tablecloths and placemats supple can often react with wood finishes. Also, repeated use over time can damage your finish because moisture is consistently trapped between the placemat/tablecloths and finish.
- Maintain levels of humidity between 35% to 40% to minimize potential for swelling, cracking or warping. Keeping humidity at recommended levels may reduce heating costs, protect your family''s health and extend the life of your furniture.
- Your hi-tech catalyzed varnish finish is formulated to resist blushing, discoloration, rings and stains provided spills and moisture are promptly removed and careful cleaning is regularly preformed.